This game is provided via Steam key. For key redemption a free steam account is required.
A single-player, point-and-click style noir that will make you question what it is to exist.
Beckett is an authored story, conceived and constructed as a game by The Secret Experiment. It is an abstract retelling of a missing person’s case where the investigator finds himself caught between the life he once had and that which he now lives. The surreal noir is to be showcased in The V&A, the world’s leading museum of art and design, who have hand-picked Beckett as an example of design excellence in storytelling and digital media to be featured in its new museum in Dundee.
"If you knew my mind you could never love me," spoke Amy. Beckett was defiant, she was everything to him. Time has passed. Amy is dead. A missing persons case leads Beckett down a decaying rabbit hole to the outskirts of reality. Set in a world unlike anything you've experienced, this is an original surreal noir by The Secret Experiment. Take control. Explore. Navigate. Interact. Talk. Defy. Listen. Be careful. This place is unfamiliar. Make it your own.
The whole experience lasts around 3 hours. It will be in your head for a long time to come.
Thank you for supporting independent videogames.
"The Secret Experiment has done something extraordinary with its absurdist noir, Beckett. They have managed to conflate exploration of a town with exploration of the protagonist's battered psyche. Shrewd use of text along with compelling visual and sound design results in an innovative and engrossing experience." - Russell Lees, creator of The Dark Eye
- An original multi-layered story, discovered and reconstructed by the player and their imagination
- A dynamic narrative that responds to the way you play the story and interact with its world
- A bizarre and compelling world, filled with hand-made objects and artefacts
- A unique soundtrack and soundscape composed and aligned to the story and the world it exists in
- A pick-up-and-play interface, no gamer-skills necessary - just an inquisitive mind
- Questions about what it is to exist, the fragile nature of reality and the dark-humour that underpins life