Indiegala

Welcome guest

Login to Indiegala and connect your Steam Account.
April 13, 2018, 3:30 a.m.
chstwnd
Unable to retrieve information for giveaway items

I've tried multiple times tonight to create a giveaway for a certain steam title, and each time I enter the steam game URL and the key, and hit "Continue" to calculate the giveaway value, it simply spins and then labels the button "Retry".  It doesn't say the game is ineligible for giveaway, and it doesn't show any value for the game.  The game is definitely available on Steam and there are no variations or versions of it to confuse the system.  It doesn't come up on any search on reddit under /r/freegamesonsteam.  There is absolutely no explanation for what it's doing.

Honestly, this is really pissing me off.  In general, the IG site is so buggy that I don't know if it's a transient problem or something with my account or what it might be, exactly.  This is a commercial site in the business of MAKING MONEY.  I've seen non-commercial fan sites with forums that are less buggy and more organized than IG.  I've had problems with payments being processed, HH being processed incorrectly, parts of the site just not showing up (and no, I haven't ever been banned), HH bundles being labeled incorrectly (and vice versa) for DAYS, ....  the list goes on and on and on.

Is anyone else seeing inexplicable denial for retrieval of data on giveaway titles like this?
April 13, 2018, 10:44 a.m.
lisa
I just tried to do two different guaranteed giveaways and had the same problem.  It spins and then says retry.  On the plus side, it didn't lock the game in "trade or giveaway" without creating the giveaway this time cheeky
April 13, 2018, 2:53 p.m.
Supersnaxy
Could be the steam servers and not IndieGala that is the problem.

http://downdetector.com/status/steam
April 13, 2018, 5:25 p.m.
chstwnd

Could be the steam servers and not IndieGala that is the problem.

http://downdetector.com/status/steam

"Originally posted by: Supersnaxy"

I made multiple attempts to create giveaways last night and had virtually the same problems continuously for more than 10 hours so only a small period of the time I was trying to create these giveaways was during that issue spike. i was doing normal stuff on steam (browsing, downloading the Skyrim free weekend install, checking discovery queue, etc) the ENTIRE time and duplicating the actions trying to create giveaways or at least survey the game info dozens of time, so any server requests should have made it through some percentage of the time.  unlikely it was a steam issue.
April 13, 2018, 10:23 p.m.
chstwnd
...Annnnnd it's still doing it at 5:20pm CDT the next day.

Indiegala is such a freaking disaster
April 14, 2018, 2:06 p.m.
Steveywonder75

"Originally posted by: chstwnd"

Still unchanged. Messaged support and see what they say.
April 14, 2018, 6:17 p.m.
chstwnd

"Originally posted by: chstwnd"

Still unchanged. Messaged support and see what they say.

"Originally posted by: Steveywonder75"

This is freaking ridiculous.  The giveaways section is not, by any means, the only part of the site that has random, seriously broken issues.
April 14, 2018, 7:49 p.m.
NymphoLamb™
I'm having the same problem trying to create a guaranteed giveaway. In the last step - "Calculate game value and save" - when I click "Continue" I also get the "Retry" button and I'm unable to proceed to creating the giveaway.
April 14, 2018, 8:30 p.m.
vostrykova2000
I have the same problem sad It continues already the second day.
April 15, 2018, 5:18 a.m.
Shiroしろ
Well, after trying it with some games, looks like I have the same problem as the OP.
Really rare that you can't make giveaways with any un-guaranteed games,
even those guaranteed games from indiegala's bundle (well, idk if anyone there has also this problem)
April 15, 2018, 11:01 a.m.
lisa
I'm wondering if they're clearing out all giveaways and redoing that section.  I'm going to stay positive that this is a planned change and not an umpteen day glitch laugh
April 15, 2018, 8:05 p.m.
chstwnd

I'm wondering if they're clearing out all giveaways and redoing that section.  I'm going to stay positive that this is a planned change and not an umpteen day glitch laugh

"Originally posted by: lisa"

if it was a planned change, then they should have posted an announcement or put a banner in the giveaways section or SOMETHING.  no, I'm sure it's just another IG royal screwup
April 15, 2018, 9:54 p.m.
Ratea xDark
Same Problem.
My English is noot the best sorry, if somebody says the same...
Maybe its because the last steam update.

i have used it for the hole day but every time i can not open a give away =(

steamdb have the same problem since the last update of steam. every user must change his privacy of his profil. (maybe trhe same problem for the giveaway here at indiegala)
April 15, 2018, 10:27 p.m.
Shiroしろ

Same Problem.

steamdb have the same problem since the last update of steam. every user must change his privacy of his profil. (maybe trhe same problem for the giveaway here at indiegala)

"Originally posted by: Ratea xDark"

but why creating giveaway would have impact with steam privacy settings?

there's still people who could create from guaranteed ones (well, with exception of me)
April 15, 2018, 10:31 p.m.
Shiroしろ

Same Problem.

"Originally posted by: Ratea xDark"

well but maybe it would be steam problem maybe like you said, since after that update, most problem have been coming up.
idk if it changed the way that indiegala get info of our accounts?