Indiegala

Welcome guest

Login to Indiegala and connect your Steam Account.
April 9, 2018, 2:55 p.m.
nofencesphoto
Understanding the Giveaway algorithm...

Does anyone know how the iC value for giveaway entries is actually calculated?  I gave away a copy of Kingdom Come: Deliverance about two days after it was released.  We are talking about a highly anticipated, AAA game here.  The giveaway algorithm valued it at 16iC per entry...

... meanwhile, I have seen giveaways for other games (currently Arcane ReRaise Complete Edition, for one) that are considered to be, well, not very good at all to put it mildly.  The above mentioned particular game is valued at 19iC per entry as we speak.  

Can anybody out there help me make sense of this?  Very confused...
April 9, 2018, 4:52 p.m.
-TexWiller-
As far as I know, price and rarity, the more something is posted the more it drops. Also guaranteed ones have boosted  iC.
Arcane Raise Complete Pack 62,82€
Kingdom Come: Deliverance 49,99€
April 9, 2018, 10:36 p.m.
nofencesphoto
I understand that but it still doesn't make sense to me.  When I posted my giveaway for Kingdom Come: Deliverance it was retailing in the US Steam store for $59.99, as it was a new release.  I posted it about two days after it hit the market.  It is currently still priced at $59.99.

Arcane RERaise Deluxe Edition is $35.99 in the US Steam store when at full price- the Arcane Raise series is notorious for tons of overpriced DLC and below-average gameplay; however, It is currently selling for $7.20 in the US Steam store. 

Neither my listing for Kingdom Come nor the the Arcane ReRaise listings are guaranteed... puzzling to say the least.
April 10, 2018, 2:22 a.m.
-TexWiller-
Not sure what the exact giveaways that you saw were, but if it was Complete Edition the price in euro zone is 62,82€, but already seems to be losing value as a giveaway for it only gives you 4488 exp (compared to Kingdom that gives 4799 exp atm, the cost to enter). I have to go with the exp count as I can't make actual giveaways for them, but the entry price fluctuates with the exp you get for them (as far as I know). The game itself doesn't matter new/old, bad/good, asset flip, dlc for a program, game that doesn't even launch as long as it's on steam the rest doesn't matter.

EDIT: Found the one you were talking about and yeah it's the Arcane RERaise Deluxe Edition that is lower priced and should be cheaper unless the creator used one no-no tactic that sometimes can give you better price on some giveaways.
April 11, 2018, 2:05 p.m.
nofencesphoto
Yeah, it is all Greek to me!  Thanks for all of your help, though.  Helped me to understand the system a bit better and its also nice to know that not everybody on here is a bot smiley.