Indiegala

Welcome guest

Login to Indiegala and connect your Steam Account.
March 27, 2018, 3:44 p.m.
Starforsaken
Can you opt-out of Happy Hour to pay the regular price?

Hello,

I've purchased most bundles since 2012, love the site and the games offered, but for the past 6+ months, the Happy Hour feature which was kinda cool turned into something that I'm always trying to avoid at all costs.

In the past, when I forgot to click the "Get a 2nd copy of the bundle to gift to a friend", it was annoying but not a big deal since I had only skipped on getting a freebie. Now, because it comes with a price increase, all this means is that I'm simply paying more for the same bundle.

I mean, the whole concept of Happy Hour is getting a discount, but where is it here?

Suggestions :
1. Offer a real discount during Happy Hour, not a price hike, if you only want one copy of the bundle
2. Offer to opt out completely of Happy Hour, so the customers like me aren't forced to pay more for stuff they don't want (or don't even get)
3. If you really have to keep the Happy Hour as is, why don't you automatically give the 2nd bundle since we're paying for it anyway?

Like I said, I've bought most bundles, but lately I've missed quite a few since I'm waiting for the Happy "Hour" (it usually lasts for almost a day or now, but whatever) to be over before buying my copy, and end up forgetting about it before it's too late.

Posted this in the forums instead of in a support ticket because I wanted to see what the others thought about it too. Are you all enjoying the Happy Hour feature? Am I missing something? What are you doing with the left-over keys?
March 29, 2018, 1:28 a.m.
kevingulling
I am so confused as to what Happy Hour is. Everything is so ambiguous on this site.
March 31, 2018, 11:40 a.m.
Global Moderator
The_Keeper
Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

If you want to purchase our bundles at the cheapest price, we suggest subscribing to our newsletter or push notifications as the cheapest price you'll ever see for a bundle is during the first 24h of sale and we always notify our subscribers when we launch a bundle.

As for the Happy Hour, this is an offer designed for people with many friends that have interests in the same games, so if you have some good friends that you want to gift some bundles too or, better yet, want to do a group buy with them, Happy Hour is the deal for you. Otherwise, just make sure you get the bundle in the first 24h from launch, that is our reward for early buyers and people subscribed to our site.

And to answere you third question, please note that buying a bundle during Happy Hour gives you automatically a second bundle or even more, depending on if and when you purchased the bundle before the Happy Hour. The only thing is, you need to purchase the bundle as a gift and not as a normal bundle, this is the only requirement.

Thank you.

Hello,

I've purchased most bundles since 2012, love the site and the games offered, but for the past 6+ months, the Happy Hour feature which was kinda cool turned into something that I'm always trying to avoid at all costs.

In the past, when I forgot to click the

"Originally posted by: Starforsaken"
March 31, 2018, 11:42 a.m.
Global Moderator
The_Keeper
Hello,

What Happy Hour is and how it works, is explained in our Support Center here.

If you have other questions or need to know more, don't hesitate to ask here or just drop us an email at support@indiegala.com.

Thank you.

I am so confused as to what Happy Hour is. Everything is so ambiguous on this site.

"Originally posted by: kevingulling"
April 20, 2018, 6:17 p.m.
Starforsaken

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

If you want to purchase our bundles at the cheapest price, we suggest subscribing to our newsletter or push notifications as the cheapest price you'll ever see for a bundle is during the first 24h of sale and we always notify our subscribers when we launch a bundle.

As for the Happy Hour, this is an offer designed for people with many friends that have interests in the same games, so if you have some good friends that you want to gift some bundles too or, better yet, want to do a group buy with them, Happy Hour is the deal for you. Otherwise, just make sure you get the bundle in the first 24h from launch, that is our reward for early buyers and people subscribed to our site.

And to answere you third question, please note that buying a bundle during Happy Hour gives you automatically a second bundle or even more, depending on if and when you purchased the bundle before the Happy Hour. The only thing is, you need to purchase the bundle as a gift and not as a normal bundle, this is the only requirement.

Thank you.

"Originally posted by: The_Keeper"

Thanks for your answer.

I'm already subscribing to the newsletter, but you have a lot of bundles and I already receive tons of emails, so it's easier for me to log in periodically and get the bundles that I don't have.

Still, I'm fine with paying more because I don't have enough free time to monitor those 24h special prices, and when I do get here in time for the special price, it's a nice surprise. My issue is that Happy Hour is the exact opposite.

Compare it with regular stores. Either you get there in time during a sale and can score a nice discount, or you've missed it and have to pay regular price. Here at IndieGala, there's a 3rd option. Not only you've missed the sale, you can't even get it at the regular price, you're "forced" to purchase things that you don't even need/want to get what you got there for.

If I went to Best Buy to buy a $1000 TV, I'd be happy to see it on sale for $800, but I wouldn't be so thrilled if my only option was to pay $1600 for 2 of them, or leave empty handed. I'd expect the 2 for $1600 to be a separate sale, not the main and only one.

That's what I'd love to see you do, basically your same launch sale, then keep your regular price until the end of the bundle, while offering random "Happy Hour - Get 2 bundles cheaper if you click the gift option" for those interested, but never force it down on everyone...

As for your other comment saying "The only thing is, you need to purchase the bundle as a gift and not as a normal bundle, this is the only requirement.", I understand how it works, I just don't understand why it works that way. If you're going to charge me that Happy Hour "tax" anyway, why do I have to do that extra step?

Keeping my TV example, that would be the equivalent of being charged $1600 at the register, leaving with only 1 TV, and being told "Well, you didn't specifically ask for that 2nd one, so we've kept quiet and charged you for it anyway, but forget about getting it now, it's too late". Is there anyone who really thinks it makes sense? 

All I can say is that when / if something like that happens, the word I'd use to describe my feelings sure isn't "Happy"...