Indiegala

Welcome guest

Login to Indiegala and connect your Steam Account.
March 6, 2018, 6:32 p.m.
NymphoLamb™
Recent giveaways increased my number of created giveaways by 2 each

Hi,

I created 3 guaranteed giveaways this month (before that I had created 2 in 2016), and for each of these recent giveaways I created, the total number of created giveaways displayed on my profile increased by 2.

So instead of having 5 created giveaways (the real number), I have 8 (1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2).

Anyone else having the same problem?

Sorry if this has been reported/asked before, but I couldn't find a way to search the forum (I looked at the first few pages of recent threads and didn't see any mentioning this issue).

Thanks
March 7, 2018, 12:50 a.m.
Global Moderator
mseals
I haven't had this problem but I would recommend just emailing support. Even if isn't a real issue might be a glitch they need to fix.
March 9, 2018, 10:06 a.m.
Scarlet E.
Or maybe you just checked recently? Were you ever giving away something before? Not sure, if it's correct what I will say now, but I think that at some point months ago, giveaways in our completed history were hidden/cleared for some reason (website upgrade?). So, you see many people with dozens or hundreds giveaways, but with almost no +/- reputation. And if you check your history, you won't see some old giveaways.

That being said, I was unable to see my old giveaways, when I started being active again some weeks ago. And I didn't had + reputation for the past ones, they were eaten by void laugh (unless it's intended to show only recent reputation, I don't know how it works.

Or these are two different things, i.e. missing reputation and old giveaways history and incorrect giveaways number?
To be honest thought, I think that I can have the same problem too laugh
At some point I got the feeling, that the number of giveaways I created is less than the number shown, but I was wondering, if there's a point in reporting it - if this happens globally for many/most of people, is there a point for only me to have it fixed? Maybe they should look into it globally?
March 10, 2018, 8:23 a.m.
Supersnaxy

Or maybe you just checked recently? Were you ever giving away something before? Not sure, if it's correct what I will say now, but I think that at some point months ago, giveaways in our completed history were hidden/cleared for some reason (website upgrade?). So, you see many people with dozens or hundreds giveaways, but with almost no +/- reputation. And if you check your history, you won't see some old giveaways.

That being said, I was unable to see my old giveaways, when I started being active again some weeks ago. And I didn't had + reputation for the past ones, they were eaten by void laugh (unless it's intended to show only recent reputation, I don't know how it works.

Or these are two different things, i.e. missing reputation and old giveaways history and incorrect giveaways number?
At some point I got the feeling, that the number of giveaways I created is less than the number shown, but I was wondering, if there's a point in reporting it - if this happens globally for many/most of people, is there a point for only me to have it fixed? Maybe they should look into it globally?

"Originally posted by: Scarlet E."

Keep in mind that guaranteed giveaways dont give reputation, so thats why most users have more created giveaways than reputation.
March 10, 2018, 3:18 p.m.
Scarlet E.

only me to have it fixed? Maybe they should look into it globally?Keep in mind that guaranteed giveaways dont give reputation, so thats why most users have more created giveaways than reputation.

I didn't knew that. Thank you!
March 11, 2018, 2:14 a.m.
NymphoLamb™

"Originally posted by: Scarlet E."

Thanks for your reply, but I'm 100% sure that I only created a total of 5 giveaways on IndieGala laugh

05-10-2016    This Book is a Dungeon
01-11-2016    3DRPG
03-03-2018    POSTAL
04-03-2018    StarFringe: Adversus
06-03-2018    Industry Giant 2

I have a file where I save all the giveaways I create, because I have so many spare Steam keys from several bundles and different stores that it's hard to keep track of which keys I've already given away...
(Or maybe the real reason is because I'm obsessed with list-making) cool

The information on my file is consistent with the information shown on my IndieGala profile under "Giveaways Completed » Created".

I haven't had this problem but I would recommend just emailing support. Even if isn't a real issue might be a glitch they need to fix.

"Originally posted by: mseals"

Thank you for the suggestion, I'll do that! smiley
March 16, 2018, 2:19 p.m.
lia
lia
NymphoLamb™, the giveaway count is doubled for me as well. I've created 1 giveaway in February and 3 today (all non-guaranteed), but on my profile it says I have 8 giveaways created. 

I wouldn't call this a problem, but I was curious how common it is and found this thread. Did you contact support eventually?
March 19, 2018, 10:14 a.m.
Global Moderator
Boatswain Harsgald

NymphoLamb™, the giveaway count is doubled for me as well. I've created 1 giveaway in February and 3 today (all non-guaranteed), but on my profile it says I have 8 giveaways created. 

I wouldn't call this a problem, but I was curious how common it is and found this thread. Did you contact support eventually?

"Originally posted by: lia"

Hi,

Everything should be all right. 

Thank You for your help and excuse us for this inconvenience
April 14, 2018, 8 p.m.
NymphoLamb™

Sorry for the late reply, I forgot about this!
I emailed them just now, I know this bug is a minor annoyance but hopefully they'll fix it, I see yours has been fixed already smiley
May 5, 2018, 10:06 p.m.
NymphoLamb™

Hi,

Everything should be all right. 

Thank You for your help and excuse us for this inconvenience

"Originally posted by: Boatswain Harsgald"

Hi, can you fix the bug on my profile too? I was the one who created the thread and reported the issue first... I feel left out! cheeky

I emailed Support on the 14th of April, and again on the 20th of April, got a reply on the 21st saying: "we forwarded your email to our technicians and they will check as soon as possible", but so far it hasn't been fixed...

Meanwhile I created more giveaways, and instead of a total of 11 giveaways created (the real number), it shows 20:

1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2

Very annoying cool