Indiegala

Welcome guest

Login to Indiegala and connect your Steam Account.
April 15, 2018, 9:31 p.m.
Shiroしろ

The idea is good for preventing people getting mass keys during the "current game giveaway period" to gain high XP Points for leveling up.
and don't have problem that it could be banned for at least a week or something.

?Then after that mentioned period, people could do the giveaway of those games, but with the following restriction:
- My opinion is like to do like some other site, make those already given away games a little lesser value than what would it normally be. (Like from 10 IC -> 1 or 2 IC, and its respective XP Points)
- This rule does not apply to those guaranteed giveaways (well, since guaranteed ones are from IndieGala, and with key unviewed, people could do giveaway of it when they want)
- Only could be created some period after the "current giveaway game" ended. (eg. A week or any other duration)

Since some people would have missed some games, like what lewriczin said, and maybe that game you missed is something you wanted.

"Originally posted by: Shiro??"

Or let people making giveaways of those games currently being giveaway'd (even before the mentioned period above)
but with 1 IC and no XP Points. (so maybe people would think if it's worth to do it or not)
April 15, 2018, 9:32 p.m.
Shiroしろ
by the way sorry, here isn't the proper place to talk about this topic.
But idk how to open a new thread, if someone knows could teach me?
April 17, 2018, 5:15 p.m.
Global Moderator
mseals
For starters The reason for that rule  In a nutshell lets say there is a giveaway for 10,000 Of a specific game. By us blocking them here (and hopefully other websites as well) it deterrs someone from trying to get several hundred of them for themselves and thus gives everyne else a chance to gain one the correct way. Then when you come to a website Like this where people give away games it makes it so you don't have to sort through 100 pages of the same games you already have. Now if there was a way that it would make it where they could give it away but they would get 0 xp and it cost 0 points that would be great as well but the script just isn't set up that way.
  The Largest problems is this is a website. Meaning there are glitches and "hacks" people use to work around the blocks. There were tons of giveaways for highend DLC items and most users don't even offer feedback after they get the key. this means there are tons of "cheaters" out there with over a 90% trust rating that has done fake or glitched giveaways before they was caught.
    The feedback system (if worked correctly) would eliminate the need for any banning completely. IF people would give feedback liek they are supposed to then people would be blocked for giving away games that aren't allowed.  the problem is they email support with an "i didn't know" and support gives them the benefit of the doubt. then they still do it But since they have bypassed the feedback system you get people with tons of negatives and still offering fake giveaways.. this is where us lowly mods come in.  Trying to manually catch them. manually remove them and begging support to manulally ban them.  And is why some days we seem more strict than others.
April 18, 2018, 11:49 a.m.
lewriczin
https://www.indiegala.com/giveaways/detail/448646
Yup, it's the same guy who was giving away Ni no Kuni season pass DLCs - now with another 'generous' season pass DLC gift
April 18, 2018, 2:14 p.m.
M F
M F
Rule #2 Should clearly state a quantity unless it's meant that any game won or given away on another site is forbidden.
I won https://www.indiegala.com/giveaways/detail/448435 and this giveaway has three issues.  One: The bundle listed is part of a greater bundle that I won, Two: The bundle I won can't be given away (as far as I know), Three: The bundle was given away in limited quantities https://giveaway.su/giveaway/view/844 .  What I received was https://steamdb.info/sub/263057/apps/ and clearly states "Complimentary reviewer package".
On one hand, I did get the bundle that was promised which would indicated a positive feedback.  On the other hand, the code I recieved was not for that specific bundle and should warrant negative feedback.  My problem with that is the stories that negative feedback doesn't do much.  I've read that people just have to write support when negative feedback blocks them from giving away games and they'll be allowed to create giveaways again.  What should people do in this situation? 1: give positive feedback, 2: give negative feedback, 3: give negative feedback and post here, 4: give no feedback and post here.
I think a support page and or a forum post on how feedback (especially negative feedback) should be used is necessary.  That is, if Indiegala wants users to self moderate behavor.
April 18, 2018, 3:35 p.m.
Supersnaxy
The problem with the feedback system on this site is that theres no consequence for not giving feedback. So its basically a optional system.
April 18, 2018, 5:46 p.m.
Scarlet E.

There were tons of giveaways for highend DLC items and most users don't even offer feedback after they get the key. this means there are tons of "cheaters" out there with over a 90% trust rating that has done fake or glitched giveaways before they was caught.

"Originally posted by: mseals"

Then maybe there should be more time for that? I usually check my tickets only once per several days, and I noticed that only about 5 days (definitely less than 6) are enough for you to have your feedback being automatically marked as positive (unless it was some glitch and it should be more).

Actually, I had few of last giveaways I won being automatically marked as positives because of that, fortunately all of these were legit.

Maybe we should have like 2 weeks for that, instead about 5 /(several?) days?

Also, not everyone wants to farm experience, some people would like to legitly gave away some free or beta / early access keys etc. they don't need, while some other people would gladly take them.

Maybe we really could have some "free" giveaways, where you could enter only once, but for free, while the creator wouldn't really get reputation (or separate one) and either no XP or some symbolic +"1 xp"? smiley
April 19, 2018, 3:43 p.m.
chstwnd

There were tons of giveaways for highend DLC items and most users don't even offer feedback after they get the key. this means there are tons of "cheaters" out there with over a 90% trust rating that has done fake or glitched giveaways before they was caught.

"Originally posted by: mseals"

Then maybe there should be more time for that? I usually check my tickets only once per several days, and I noticed that only about 5 days (definitely less than 6) are enough for you to have your feedback being automatically marked as positive (unless it was some glitch and it should be more).

Actually, I had few of last giveaways I won being automatically marked as positives because of that, fortunately all of these were legit.

Maybe we should have like 2 weeks for that, instead about 5 /(several?) days?

Also, not everyone wants to farm experience, some people would like to legitly gave away some free or beta / early access keys etc. they don't need, while some other people would gladly take them.

Maybe we really could have some "free" giveaways, where you could enter only once, but for free, while the creator wouldn't really get reputation (or separate one) and either no XP or some symbolic +"1 xp"? smiley

"Originally posted by: Scarlet E."

If I'm not mistaken, Beta keys are NOT ALLOWED
April 20, 2018, 11:16 a.m.
bottledinbond
April 20, 2018, 8:56 p.m.
bottledinbond
Another one being currently given away for free by humblebundle.com. Interesting that it comes from a user that posts on this very forum about those that offer giveaways of free keys from other websites.

https://www.indiegala.com/giveaways/detail/449169
April 21, 2018, 11:39 a.m.
bottledinbond
April 21, 2018, 1:54 p.m.
Global Moderator
mseals
Unfortunately there is a glitch people use to post things that are already banned.  But what happens is after annoyance goes up accounts get banned.  then they whine about .. "We didn't know" Or "that rule is unfair"