Indiegala

Welcome guest

Login to Indiegala and connect your Steam Account.
Jan. 26, 2018, 10:26 a.m.
Picollo30
Can you help me with tips to avoid fake give aways?

I'm sure there are fakes here as i've never won a game in the giveaway section and i daily spend my 240 points to no avail

i see the same guys giving away the same games daily how can it be possible? the giveway is a lottery someone must win the keys right?

Yet i see this guy with 3 Krono and 3 Red Risk Soundtrack Edition tickets and they are always the same games everyday, it seems like he is earning points with the points i give him it's my guess. 

https://www.indiegala.com/giveaways/detail/432313

is this Steven Wallis a fake ? He is always posting the same games everyday, i mean it's strange...

Anyway can anyone tell me what this 0+ not guaranteed extra odds and guaranteed means, and which ones should i enter with confidence so i can get at least one game?
Jan. 26, 2018, 2:04 p.m.
Roleri
Guaranteed keys come from Indiegala Store or Bundles and were never revealed, so they are certainly not fake. These giveaways have slightly bigger cost and tend to have more participants though. 
Not guaranteed keys may come from any source and be either valid or not. You can check the giver's level and reputation to decide whether you're willing to enter. Giveaways of expensive games or games looking like the recent free games (The Red Solstice Universe vs The Red Solstice) are more suspicious. 
Extra odds giveaways usually collect huge number of participants, so you're supposed to enter them only if you really want that game. 
N+ denotes the minimal level required to enter the giveaway. Generally, the greater N is, the better your chances are.
Jan. 26, 2018, 2:17 p.m.

I'm sure there are fakes here as i've never won a game in the giveaway section and i daily spend my 240 points to no avail

i see the same guys giving away the same games daily how can it be possible? the giveway is a lottery someone must win the keys right?

Yet i see this guy with 3 Krono and 3 Red Risk Soundtrack Edition tickets and they are always the same games everyday, it seems like he is earning points with the points i give him it's my guess. 

https://www.indiegala.com/giveaways/detail/432313

is this Steven Wallis a fake ? He is always posting the same games everyday, i mean it's strange...

Anyway can anyone tell me what this 0+ not guaranteed extra odds and guaranteed means, and which ones should i enter with confidence so i can get at least one game?

"Originally posted by: Picollo30"

Well there are some fake giveaways because I have won one of them,
and it really sucks because you thought you won it, but it turns out to be another game steam key and duplicated.
but the "game they put on giveaway" was more value than the "original game" that they give out. (So they win lots of points if people rep them up)
The case become worse if the giveaway game is a DLC (more harder to test if it's duplicated since you need the base game)
That's the part of the fake giveaways.

I'll try to avoid those fake ones, like most people would said "watch their profile reputation" (but some of them would cheat with the last motive I mentioned above, DLC), but still work for sometimes.
The other point is to click their profile to see if it links to a "working steam link account". (most of them isn't reachable, maybe alt accounts or bot ones)
With these 2 points at least you could avoid most possible fake giveaways.

0+ Non-guaranteed / Guaranteed - Single Tcket / Extra Odds
  • 0+

x+ (x = any number): Level requirement (In this case means for people with level 0 or more)
  • Non-guaranteed / Guaranteed

Non-guaranteed: Key donated to giveaway by the host himself. (It could be working or duplicated or invalid)
Guaranteed: Key donated to giveaway by the host's indiegala library. (It's 100% working)
  • Single ticket / Extra odds

Single Ticket: Like what it means literally, you buy only one entry to that giveaway. 
Extra Odds: Like what it means literally, you could buy one or more entries to the same giveaway. (Buy more = More chance to win?)

Hope this could help you and sorry to type it long.
Jan. 27, 2018, 4:09 p.m.
Global Moderator
mseals
Not sure exactly what your talking about but Usually the people who give away a lot of the same game get them as free games .. https://www.reddit.com/r/FreeGamesOnSteam/   Although the mods here try to block them there are glitches and they get through . And they use them to gain levels in the giveaway section. Best bet is to check there before you enter. And if you win a game that was free DO NOT give a + feedback !!
Jan. 27, 2018, 5:27 p.m.
Steven W is Not a fake. I have been with IndieG a long time. took me forever to get to level 3. I still win----NNot Much, NNot Often, or at all.  I'm guessing this makes new people a little perturbed...and then they Quit this site. Its hard to hear "Try try again". One way can check if fake Giveaway is to look at the persons (Or Bot) Steam profile and try to make sense of it- things like on steam 1 week, level1, 5 games(Low), Low numbers of everything. Same bot or guy has been on IndieG for 1 week, has 6 giveaways of CSGO- OR THE MOST EXPENSIVE GAME YU EVER Heard about...Maybe he is a Fake, F
Jan. 27, 2018, 7:32 p.m.
lewriczin

Originally posted by  johnjonsson1

Well there are some fake giveaways because I have won one of them,
and it really sucks because you thought you won it, but it turns out to be another game steam key and duplicated.
but the "game they put on giveaway" was more value than the "original game" that they give out. (So they win lots of points if people rep them up

Never rate the giveaway before you check the key.
If there are some kind of problems or misunderstandings with it then contact the giveaway owner first and try to resolve it.
And if you're sure the key is not what's been promised, then rate the giveaway negatively (thumbs down)
This way the owner of such fake giveaway will be denied to receive rep points for it.

The case become worse if the giveaway game is a DLC (more harder to test if it's duplicated since you need the base game)

While this is true, I cannot find a good reason why to enter for DLC giveway if you do not own the base game from the begining

Speaking of fake giveaways - sometimes I'm seeing expensive DLC for expensive software being given away. The rewards and cost are huge, 70, 80 points, even 100 per one. If there is something that reeks with suspicion of being fake then it's that kind of stuff. Therefore I propose moderators to consider if giveaways of any other software than games should be allowed. After all, we're at the game selling site, not a software one.
Jan. 27, 2018, 11:29 p.m.

Never rate the giveaway before you check the key.
If there are some kind of problems or misunderstandings with it then contact the giveaway owner first and try to resolve it.
And if you're sure the key is not what's been promised, then rate the giveaway negatively (thumbs down)
This way the owner of such fake giveaway will be denied to receive rep points for it.

"Originally posted by: lewriczin"

I never rate before testing if the keys works or not XD
Had the problem before, but giveaway hoster not reachable because it's steam profile links to a invalid one.
Already gave thumb down in that case, just sharing a case that I met before.

While this is true, I cannot find a good reason why to enter for DLC giveway if you do not own the base game from the begining

Speaking of fake giveaways - sometimes I'm seeing expensive DLC for expensive software being given away. The rewards and cost are huge, 70, 80 points, even 100 per one. If there is something that reeks with suspicion of being fake then it's that kind of stuff. Therefore I propose moderators to consider if giveaways of any other software than games should be allowed. After all, we're at the game selling site, not a software one.

"Originally posted by: lewriczin"

And yes about you saying the DLC of expensive software (which steam costs value is around $300 USD), that gave them around 20k XP/Points value to their level, and from what I see some people neither test them and just leave it 1 week, so auto-rep up given, they level up faster. (With only 3 giveaways they reached to giver level 4 nearly 5)
Still doesn't know if it's legit giveaway hoster or not (but I think it's fake, since he giveaway'd 3 software's DLC of $300 each), but no proof to that.
But well, as you said, better not joining it.
Jan. 28, 2018, 2:36 p.m.
about though software Giveaways. Sometimes it is a bot. Like mentioned 3 or 4 of these and bot is at a high level (3)- they make it because the winner does not check the key-he gives good feedback and puts it up on his Giveaway page. Now a few days pass and this guy is in trouble with IndieG and other users because HIS Key did not work.....He was maybe new to Indieg now he has a NEGative ****. The bot is sitting pretty with his levelup pointssss...
  I also want to say I believe that a great many people or users are on this site---I say HUGE.....That is why its hard to win a Giveaway...Math and Luck....Ha Ha..
Jan. 28, 2018, 9:29 p.m.
lewriczin
...and here we go again:
https://www.indiegala.com/giveaways/detail/432982
To make any use of such gift worth 77IC (or 290US$ at steam) you need to own base software worth 75$ first. Yeaaah

And the owner profile https://www.indiegala.com/trades/user/5954ea99ab7611e7b9eac1e711fff1f4
He has made only 6 giveaways till now, and he's in the middle of his way to 5th level. That makes exactly 8652 per gift, hm could it possibly be...

To be honest I don't know if the keys are legit or not - after all, such sites as https://freesteamkeys.gift/free-steam-games/massively-multiplayer/9286-coppercube-professional-edition-free-steam-key-game.html do exists, but even if it is legit, then what's the point of giving away such thing here?
Once again I ask moderators to consider narrowing the scope of gifts being away here to games only.
Jan. 28, 2018, 11:21 p.m.
Well wish you good luck to win some giveaways.
Me also need luck to win one "real" giveaway.
Jan. 29, 2018, 11:17 a.m.
Lo TuS
I also won a fake giveway. The game was supposed to be https://www.indiegala.com/giveaways/detail/431141 , but instead he gave me alien hostage game.
This is his profile: https://www.indiegala.com/trades/user/fe22db1cfc3311e78c85efe66b55a026
Jan. 29, 2018, 7:34 p.m.

I also won a fake giveway. The game was supposed to be https://www.indiegala.com/giveaways/detail/431141 , but instead he gave me alien hostage game.
This is his profile: https://www.indiegala.com/trades/user/fe22db1cfc3311e78c85efe66b55a026

"Originally posted by: Lo TuS"

Level 0 with 2 games in steam. (thinking)
Jan. 30, 2018, 5:36 p.m.
Global Moderator
mseals
I sent a message to the admins about the high level DLC items. I have to wait for their reply of course But as a mod I can only block a specific item one at a time and even then they can get them through sometimes.  IF they allow me I willmake a specific thread so people can post links to known Scams and will try to block each one as is brought to my attention. Unfortunately my hands are tied until i get their reply but Always need and appreciate your help in said matters.
Jan. 30, 2018, 6:23 p.m.
suspicious giveaways also counts? (since I won't bother to join in to see if it's fake or not)
Jan. 30, 2018, 7:22 p.m.
Global Moderator
mseals

suspicious giveaways also counts? (since I won't bother to join in to see if it's fake or not)

well basically I can only look into stuff. that is why the feedback system was considered so Important. But basically giveaways is the only thing mods can control. Can't do anything with trades. and if you have a free game that was obtained through Indiegalqa it is considered a guaranteed item so can't block those.  Hopefully someday soon they will update the website again and I can throw in a few suggestions but until then we try to fix what we can.