Indiegala

Welcome guest

Login to Indiegala and connect your Steam Account.
Jan. 25, 2018, 9:06 p.m.
Zerghunter
Giveaways from Humble Bundle are not allowed?

My giveaway got deleted and it happend a few times already. Every giveaway that was removed was from Humble bundle limited 2 days key giveaway (The_Bureau_XCOM_Declassified, Layers_of_Fear, Homefront, Amnesia collection). I contacted support last month and got response that "Your giveaways were closed by our moderators somehow" and link to giveaways FAQ http://support.indiegala.com/customer/en/portal/topics/945956-giveaways/articles?page=1.
Today I saw that not only my giveaway was removed - there were a ton of Amnesia giveaways listed, but now I can't find even 1 giveaway for Amnesia collection.

So my question is - are giveaways for games obtained for free from Humble Bundle not allowed?
Jan. 25, 2018, 10:59 p.m.
Ryoguita

Originally posted by: ZerghunterMy giveaway got deleted and it happend a few times already. Every giveaway that was removed was from Humble bundle limited 2 days key giveaway (The_Bureau_XCOM_Declassified, Layers_of_Fear, Homefront, Amnesia collection). I contacted support last month and got response that

Somehow this is implicit, but no there is no writen rule on this which makes it very inconsistent. To be on the safe side don't join these kind of games so you don't lose points and avoid creating them just as they came out. 

There are other giveaways for freegames, such as Kingdom Classic or Sir you are being hunted. Don't know what is the logic behind this, if I miss a giveaweay I'll be glad to try to win it here, if I got it from HB I won't be wasting points on a game I already have.
Jan. 30, 2018, 7:26 p.m.
Global Moderator
mseals
ANY game obtained free from any website is not allowed. Only exception is if you obtained it from Indiegala.  But since they are all removed manually by mods there are times things slip through. if you see some the best bet is to jump into chat on the trades page and inform them there. usually a mod in those areas. and if not usually someone in there will let a mod know when they see one.