Indiegala

Welcome guest

Login to Indiegala and connect your Steam Account.
Sept. 28, 2017, 3 p.m.
Kamoshu
Winner didn't leave any feedback

So I made a giveaway and the winner didn't leave any feedback for it. Is there any way I can contact him to nudge him to at least give positive feedback if the key worked?
Sept. 28, 2017, 3:12 p.m.
I do not know how. I did 74 giveaways and got 50 feedbacks. Shit happens.
Sept. 28, 2017, 4:06 p.m.
IFIYGD

So I made a giveaway and the winner didn't leave any feedback for it. Is there any way I can contact him to nudge him to at least give positive feedback if the key worked?

"Originally posted by: Kamoshu"

If they don't leave feedback after winning a key, the system will automatically assign the GA positive feedback after a certain number of days. Sadly, many people use alt accounts to enter GA's ehre anduse the keys on other accounts, or use them to create their own GA's here. You can click their name to go to their IG profile, and then click their name there to go to their linked Steam account. You can try to send them an invite or leave them a message, asking them to remember to leave feedback. But, sometimes you can't (account linked is inactive or a bot account, or is a profile that has never been completed on Steam... just a placeholder ghost account...). Sometimes it's just best to wait it  out for the system to leave the auto positive at the end of the wait. Because contacting them on Steam may well get you a troll who leaves negative feedback, even though they used your key, and it was a good key. (Like happened with the one negative feedback on my profile here...)

People can be rude little trolls. frown
Sept. 28, 2017, 6:17 p.m.
Kamoshu
Thanks for the helpful reply! I made this giveaway with a free key I got that didn't need, to test how it worked.
Glad to know if there's no feedback it becomes positive after a couple of days! I was worried I'd have to start relying only on guaranteed GAs from now on to level.
Well, I guess if that's the case, no point in bothering him. Guess this is solved.
Sept. 28, 2017, 7:20 p.m.
M F
M F
[quote="Originally posted by: Monguntiacum [Infracta"]]I do not know how. I did 74 giveaways and got 50 feedbacks. Shit happens.
 [/quote]
Are you relying on your profile or your giveaways section to determine lack of feedback?  Only your giveaways complete -> created accurately shows feedback.  I have 17 positive(100%), no pending, yet giveaways created is 102.  I'm not missing 85 feedbacks.
There are at least two causes for this.  No feedback from guaranteed giveaways, giveaways that were partially started but not actually created (due to errors or intentionally)
Sept. 28, 2017, 8:21 p.m.
That could be the reason: No feedback from guaranteed giveaways
March 24, 2018, 5:10 a.m.
chstwnd
How do you tell if you've received feedback?  I created two non-guaranteed giveaways to test, and they've finished, but the box in the right-most column shows a "-" where the checkmark on all my guaranteed giveaways shows.
March 24, 2018, 2:59 p.m.
Supersnaxy

How do you tell if you've received feedback?  I created two non-guaranteed giveaways to test, and they've finished, but the box in the right-most column shows a "-" where the checkmark on all my guaranteed giveaways shows.

"Originally posted by: chstwnd"

That means the winner hasnt given you any feedback yet, you will get a green thumbs up for positive and a red thumbs down for negative feedback. After you have gotten feedback you can hover over the thumb to see the winners comment if he gave you any. If the winner dont give you any feedback you will automatically get positive feedback after a week. If you for some reason dont, send an email to support and they will fix it.
March 24, 2018, 3:01 p.m.
chstwnd
Ah, good to know.  I was wondering if the dash was actually a minus indicating negative feedback.  Thanks!
March 25, 2018, 7:25 a.m.
Scarlet E.
Sometimes people can accidentally miss that they won, and some people don't check their profiles for days or weeks, so don't worry, if you didn't received feedback, as you will get it automatically ;-)

Sometimes some problems with the website happen too. I recently went into the "Won" giveaways and noticed the giveaway that... never popped up for me, when I was checking if I won something. Like, it was in checked one, even though I never saw it... maybe I had some problems with the page or connection and I checked the giveaway, but it didn't shown for me, then I didn't noticed it or something like that?

Judging by the date, it was about 5 days or less (4-5 days? But could be over 5 already, not sure) from the date of the giveaway, but it already had the positive, automatically given feedback. So, I suppose these "few days" are "5 days" or something close to it?

Anyway, good to verify that you used all the keys of your "Won" giveaways and didn't missed any, as the keys are automatically in revealed state and there's a chance to miss an information that you won :-)
April 2, 2018, 5:15 p.m.
mckelja121
Oh i did 3 giveaways and didn't even know feedback was a thing xD i guess that is why i got no xp after they finished. oh well xD but it nice to know i will get the xp after 5 days if they forgot to do it

also i think you gotta resync your account/page sometimes to have the won giveaway to show up